Abram in Motion

An Animator in Transit...

ad

New York to Hong Kong and beyond!

Just as dawn breaks over the Manhattan skyline I'll be sitting in a jet plane. 23 hours later I will be in Hong Kong. I have been dwelling on this moment (or a similar moment) since my deportation flight from Shanghai on May 17th. The last half year has been one of new experience, loneliness, determination, and sad endings - ending friendships, ending opportunity, ending life. So I rode my bicycle 2600km from South Dakota to New York. I kept busy in NY...working on odd jobs like cutting down trees and chopping them into firewood, built decks, dug big holes in the earth - you know, manly things that make you sweat and reward you with tired aches at the end of the day. Now that i've chopped my trees, it's time to head out and wander the earth.









What are my plans? oh, what loose plans I have. Most of my plans can be summarized by names of countries. Hong Kong, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Papua new guinea, hopefully India, Nepal and China, and then ending with Japan in May 2009...or beginning again with Japan depending on how you look at it.

To me, this is the next logical step to the life experience.

I hope to meet up with many of you on my journey.

4 comments:

Charles said...

Good plan man. That's a lot of traveling. I hope you can wait for Nepal and India. I have plans to go there soon too :)

Unknown said...

Why don't you do something new and original for the young single guy stereotype: sit still for a while. Maybe go to Tibet? :P

At the very least, your feet should be tired by the end of it all.

India and Nepal sound sweet.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, love that wood stove photo. I could literally smell wood smoke when I looked at it - though I'm not certain if it was psychosomatic as a lot of people like to burn a fire on a cold night such as this. :)

Abram said...

I'm always reevaluating my plans. Instead of just going places for the heck of it, I want to be doing something unique, special, and life enhancing in each area.