Abram in Motion

An Animator in Transit...

ad

Hong Kong - Lamma style

Welcome to Abram's island:



Yung Shue Wan from the ferry pier:



Ah! Well! Here I am! Lamma island. 南丫島. From Wikipeida:
Lamma Island is to the southwest of Hong Kong Island. It is 13.55 square kilometres and an estimated population of 6,000. Lamma is, in contrast to Hong Kong Island and Kowloon, peaceful and tranquil, with relatively natural scenery.




I'm not sure what these plants are called...by to my enjoyment, they're everywhere. When I was living in Shangahi, I had one of these potted next to my window in my bedroom. It grew so big that sometimes when I awoke, it would be hovering over my head. Jungle fauna in my room. Lovely.



There you have it. That's where I am! So far, so good. The island is beautiful. I'm surrounded by beauty in fact. Waking up every morning is an experience in itself. I'm usually woken up by the first rays of sunlight stretching over the mountain. Then again by the birds. Then the dogs barking. People speaking loudly. They rush nosily to catch the ferry to Hong Kong island to work for the day. The fresh flowery perfumed air convinces me out of bed. Breakfast first, then a 5 minute walk to the beach.



Panorama of the roof of my apt:


Click the images for the full sizes. You can see a bunch more pics of the place here.

Current music: Ratatat, The Faint, The Rapture

0 comments: